Business Meeting Etiquette
By Neil Payne
Business etiquette is essentially about building relationships with colleagues Cheap Jerseys China , clients or customers. In the business world, it is these people that can influence your success or failure. Etiquette, and in particular business etiquette, is simply a means of maximising your business potential by presenting yourself favourably.
Business meetings are one arena in which poor etiquette can have negative effects. By improving your business meeting etiquette you automatically improve your chances of success. Comfort Cheap Jerseys , trust, attentiveness and clear communication are examples of the positive results of demonstrating good etiquette.
The article will focus on a few key examples of business meeting etiquette for both formal and informal business meetings. Although these are meant as guides to etiquette in the UK they are very much applicable to other nations too.
Informal meetings are generally more relaxed affairs and may not necessarily take place in the office or meeting room. Even so a sense of professionalism and good business etiquette are still required.
There are 7 points to consider with informal meetings:
- Business etiquette demands that the person calling the meeting (henceforth 'the chair') should be the most senior or the one with the most direct or urgent interest in the topic at hand.
- The chair should decide the time, place and agenda. These details should be confirmed with everyone to make sure all are in agreement and no inconvenience is caused.
- The chair must make the purpose of the meeting clear to the attendees, how long it will last and what is expected of them Cheap NBA Basketball Jerseys , i.e. particular information or preparation of documents. Failing to relay the proper information is bad business etiquette as it could cause embarrassment.
- Punctuality is a must. Keeping people waiting is considered the height of poor etiquette as it abuses their time.
- The chair should strive to ensure the meeting stays within a set framework or agenda so that it is kept as short and effective as possible. Heshe must keep circular disagreements and the like to a minimum.
- The chair should (pre-)appoint someone to record the proceedings; documenting major decisions or action points. This can later be distributed to the attendees for reference.
- If the results of the meeting have an effect on others who were not present it is considered proper business etiquette to inform them.
The business etiquette of formal meetings such as departmental meetings, management meetings, board meetings, negotiations and the like can be puzzling. Such meetings usually have a set format. For example Cheap Basketball Jerseys , the chair may always be the same person, minutes, agendas or reports may be pre-distributed or voting may take place.
Here are 10 business etiquette guidelines that are applicable to any formal meeting:
- Prepare well for the meeting as your contribution may be integral to the proceedings. If you are using statistics, reports or any other information make sure it has been handed out at least three days prior to the meeting.
- Dress well and arrive in good time. Your professionalism is linked to both.
- Always remember to switch of a mobile phone.
- If there is an established seating pattern Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys , accept it. If you are unsure, ask.
- Acknowledge any introductions or opening remarks with a brief recognition of the chair and other participants.
- When discussions are under way it is good business etiquette to allow more senior figures to contribute first.
- Never interrupt anyone - even if you disagree strongly. Note what has been said and return to it later with the chair's permission.
- When speaking, be brief and ensure what you say is relevant.
- Always address the chair unless it is clear that others are not doing so.
- It is a serious breach of business etiquette to divulge information to others about a meeting. What has been discussed should be considered as confidential.
The underlying principles of the all the above business meeting etiquette pointers are good manners, courtesy and consideration. If these principles are adhered to the chances of offense and misunderstandings are greatly reduced.
About the Author
Neil Payne is Director of Kwintessential Ltd Cheap New NBA Jerseys ,
The Everest Panorama Trek is one of the most popular trekking tours in Nepal. If you need to see popular Himalayan peaks then you can choose the Everest Panorama trek tour package. The Everest Panorama Trekking tour offers a lifetime opportunity to trekkers. In the trekking tour, you can explore the beautiful mountain of the worldgest peaks such as Mount Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mount Lhotse Cheap Authentic NBA Jerseys , Mount Cho Oyu, and others.
Are you looking the short trekking tour in Nepal? If yes, then the Everest Panorama is the right choice. In the trekking tour, you can explore the stunning view of the snow-capped mountain peak Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale , Small village, Forest, River, waterfalls Cheap NBA Jerseys China , Valley, rice field and others. The Everest Panorama trek tour is the right choice for the people who need to trek into the tallest mountain in a short time. You can also fly from the Kathmandu to Lukla in the Khumbu peak.
12 days Everest base camp trek tour
The Everest base camp trekking is the famous trekking destination on the earth. Most of the people choose Mount Everest trekking to enjoy their vacation with friends and family. The Everest base camp trek 12 days tour package allow the people to learn the local culture and tradition of Nepalese. This trekking tour offers a beautiful view of the Mount Nuptse, Mount Everest, and other popular Himalayan peaks.
The E. Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Cheap Retro Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NHL Hockey Jerseys